Freelance Game Designer and managing director of Tiny Crocodile Studios in Berlin, developing edutainment and teaching game development to children.
Johanna Janiszewski invented her first games in kindergarten in 1990, before she even knew about digital games. She made her debut in the field of digital games in 2008 with Simon the Sorcerer 5 for Silver Style Entertainment.
Johanna Janiszewski is developing “Treasure Monkeys”, a geometry treasure hunt game not only for children in her studio since 2016. She teaches children and teenagers the fundamentals of game development mostly using the visual scripting tool “Scratch”.
Since 2012, she is working honorary as a reading mentor for children.
- Unity 5 engine (advanced)
- Scripting in C# and Lua (advanced)
- Scratch, Pocket Code, App Inventor, mBlock (advanced)
- Paper Prototyping
- Confluence & Jira (daily use)
- vForge engine: Vision Editor 8 (basics)
- Mantis bug tracker (advanced)
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express & Microsoft XNA (basics)
- team player
- passion for games
- German (mother tongue)
- English (fluent)
- Polish (basic knowledge)
- French (basic knowledge)